COURSES & MENTORINGGROUP & ONE-TO-ONE LEARNING
DISCOVER SOURDOUGH WITH AIDAN MONKS
please enquire for dates
T his fabulous experience is based from Lovingly Artisan Bakery situated in the Lake District National Park on the outskirts of Kendal.
Aidan will generously share his expertise, knowledge and passion for Sourdough and also explore the nutritional benefits of Sourdough. He is a very experienced trainer, baker and motivator. You will leave inspired, educated and addicted to bread making. This is a fantastic workshop which will give you the core information and much more. Our bakery team will welcome you warmly and guide you throughout the day.
This is the ideal experience for family celebrations, corporate events, Hen Parties, Stag Do’s or simply for foodies who want to heighten their bread making skills.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- the benefits of sourdough
- why baking sourdough is different from other techniques
- the equipment required to bake confidently at home
- how to create and maintain a sourdough starter
- how to weigh and mix your sourdough ingredients
- professional bread mixing techniques
- how to mould confidently
- dividing techniques – Aidan’s tips and tricks!
- bread scoring methods
- preparing the oven
- the importance of oven temperatures
- how to identify when bread is ready – appearance and character
PRICE: £95 + VAT
VENUE: Lovingly Artisan Bakery. Crook Rd. LA8 8LX
Book your place on 01539 736664
MENTORING & CONSULTANCY
one-to-one & corporate sessions
The agenda is formed from the needs and the aspirations you have for your business or baking requirements. If relevant to your business needs, Aidan Monks will go through your website and any social media platforms and brand alongside his partner Catherine Connor who specialises in business development, brand building and mentoring those in business . Catherine Connor founded one of the most successful and award-winning photographic training companies in the UK, alongside supporting the development of Lovingly Artisan and other artisans in the food industry. If you seek business development mentoring, both Aidan and Catherine will jointly facilitate the session carefully, exploring all the possibilities for you and your business and suggesting positive changes where and when necessary.
Together we will explore the challenges you are facing and come up with workable solutions. Each area of development will be considered carefully and you will leave the session with new found confidence, clarity and direction. More importantly than that you will also have the right ‘to do’ list. A concise and easy to follow action plan will follow which is sure to become your road to success over the months that follow.
- Discover Sourdough and the blending of flours and recipes
- Heighten your skills as a professional baker
- Business creation and development programme
Aidan has a depth of manufacturing experience alongside a deep understanding of the requirements and needs of commercial bakeries with regard to high standards in baking, production managements and the costing of projects. He has trusted experience in the development of :
- Introducing new production lines and the implications of change
- The development of new recipes
- Team development and training programmes
- Production management
- The development of retail ideas and concepts
All consultancy sessions are private and unquie to each individual business for a detailed insight into the format of these sessions, please call Aidan on 07807 248886.
FOOD PHOTOGRAPHY & STYLING MADE EASY
webinar series hosted by aspire photography training
This will become your perfect recipe to get you started and inspire your autumn and winter. Learning from your own home online is a very liberating experience. All webinars are recorded for you, giving you the opportunity to listen to them again and again. Learning at your own pace gives you the freedom to absorb all the knowledge at the right pace for you. This will give you a good foundation of photography knowledge, food styling skills and will boost your appetite for blogging.
In Session 1 we will explore the photographic techniques, camera settings, the 3 basic rules and the skills that will enable you to transform your food photography. This workshop is designed to inspire and build confidence,
In Session 2 the food module will give you tips on styling, composing shots and concept building alongside much, much more. This creative workshop is truly inspirational, giving you the appetite to further your food photography perhaps inspiring you as far as entering the Food Photographer of the Year Awards!
The final session is dedicated to blogging, how to become the editor of your blog, the banter that suits your objectives and tribe alongside how to develop and nurture your style of writing, this is a truly inspiring programme.
We have designed the online course taking a step by step approach ….
Session one : How to take better pictures of food – Tuesday 1st August 2017
- The photographic techniques required
- The 3 basic ingredients
- The rules that matter and why
- All about Aperture
- The importance of shutter speed
- ISO ~ what matters
- Camera systems
- Master white balance
- How to plan a shoot
- Editing and storage
Session two: Successful food styling for photography – Wednesday 9th August 2017
- How to create a food style
- Photographing skills ~ the knowledge you need
- Composing pictures
- How to plan a concept
- The reason for props and story telling
- The props required for food photography
Session three: The art of blogging and becoming the blogger – Wednesday 16th August 2017
- How to create your writing style
- The banter style
- The blog’s purpose
- The tribal attractions
- How to gain loyal readers
- Social media – why it matters to bloggers
- How to maintain your community
VENUE: Online webinar course
NEXT DATE: 1st, 9th and 16th August, 2017
FOOD PREP & STYLING FOR PHOTOGRAPHY
hosted by aspire photography training
This is a totally hands-on experience giving you all the confidence you seek as a budding food photographer. The knowledge you gain will transform your food photography and styling ability. All you need for this programme is your I Phone or smart phone and a bucket full of passion for food and food photography – we will naturally provide the rest of the ingredients for your education!
Aspire Photography Training will provide the produce, aprons, knives etc for your workshop as this course is designed to be ‘hands on’ learning.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to select the right photogenic ingredients and produce
- How to create a visual food story that whets the appetite
- How to prepare and dress food for photographic shoots, knife skills, styling and arranging a scene
- How to handle produce and the importance of fresh, lasting appearances for photography
- How to work with colour and textures
- How to create a visual photogenic feast
- Get to know the nature of food and how it changes over time
VENUE: Aspire Photography Training, Dalton Lane. LA6 1NJ
NEXT DATE: 14th June, 2017 + 18th October, 2017