COURSES & MENTORINGGROUP & ONE-TO-ONE LEARNING
T his fabulous experience is based from Lovingly Artisan Bakery situated in the Lake District National Park on the outskirts of Kendal and our Micro-Bakery at Altrincham Market (check dates to see locations)
Aidan will generously share his expertise, knowledge and passion for Sourdough and also explore the nutritional benefits of Sourdough. He is a very experienced trainer, baker and motivator. You will leave inspired, educated and addicted to bread making. This is a fantastic workshop which will give you the core information and much more. Our bakery team will welcome you warmly and guide you throughout the day.
This is the ideal experience for family celebrations, corporate events, Hen Parties, Stag Do’s or simply for foodies who want to heighten their bread making skills.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- the benefits of sourdough
- why baking sourdough is different from other techniques
- the equipment required to bake confidently at home
- how to create and maintain a sourdough starter
- how to weigh and mix your sourdough ingredients
- professional bread mixing techniques
- how to mould confidently
- dividing techniques – Aidan’s tips and tricks!
- bread scoring methods
- preparing the oven
- the importance of oven temperatures
- how to identify when bread is ready – appearance and character
Sunday 27th October 10am – 3pm at Lovingly Artisan HQ, Kendal S O L D O U T
Sunday 24th November 10am – 3pm at Lovingly Artisan HQ, Kendal
Sunday 19th January 10am – 3-pm at Lovingly Artisan HQ, Kendal
Sunday 8th March 10am – 3-pm at Lovingly Artisan HQ, Kendal
Sunday 3rd May 10am – 3-pm at Lovingly Artisan HQ, Kendal
Sunday 14th June 10am – 3-pm at New Market Square, Altrincham Market
Sunday 19th July 10am – 3-pm at New Market Square, Altrincham Market
Sunday 4th October 10am – 3-pm at New Market Square, Altrincham Market
VENUE: Lovingly Artisan Bakery. Crook Rd. LA8 8LX / Altrincham Market, Altrincham, (please check which location corresponds with each date)
Book your place on 01539 736664
full day workshop
This workshop is designed for those that crave an insight into artisan baking; if you love to observe, listen and watch whilst having the opportunity to ask the questions that matter to you – this is your ideal.
YOU will be given plenty of time to absorb the information that Aidan shares, as you become familiar with the art of artisan baking from home.
Are you the type of person that would rather learn at your own pace? If your preferred learning style is watching and note taking, whilst been given the opportunity to discover new skills – this is the ideal workshop for you.
Workshop Timetable –
10.00 – Coffee and home baked treats on arrival
10.15 – Look and learn; how to bake sourdough bread
YOU WILL –
- Learn how to make a sourdough starter of which you will take home with you
- Learn how to maintain your sourdough starter
- Discover the ideal sourdough recipe for use at home
- Learn how to mould bread confidently
- Learn how to prepare your home oven for baking
- Discover how to test whether your bread is ready!
- And much much more…
Sunday 13th October; 10am – 3pm
PRICE: £75+ VAT
VENUE: Lovingly Artisan Micro-bakery, New Market Square, Altrincham Market
Please email email@example.com or call 01539 736664 for further information and to book your place
The agenda is formed from the needs and the aspirations you have for your business or baking requirements. If relevant to your business needs, Aidan Monks will go through your website and any social media platforms and brand alongside his partner Catherine Connor who specialises in business development, brand building and mentoring those in business . Catherine Connor founded one of the most successful and award-winning photographic training companies in the UK, alongside supporting the development of Lovingly Artisan and other artisans in the food industry. If you seek business development mentoring, both Aidan and Catherine will jointly facilitate the session carefully, exploring all the possibilities for you and your business and suggesting positive changes where and when necessary.
Together we will explore the challenges you are facing and come up with workable solutions. Each area of development will be considered carefully and you will leave the session with new found confidence, clarity and direction. More importantly than that you will also have the right ‘to do’ list. A concise and easy to follow action plan will follow which is sure to become your road to success over the months that follow.
- Discover Sourdough and the blending of flours and recipes
- Heighten your skills as a professional baker
- Business creation and development programme
Aidan has a depth of manufacturing experience alongside a deep understanding of the requirements and needs of commercial bakeries with regard to high standards in baking, production managements and the costing of projects. He has trusted experience in the development of :
- Introducing new production lines and the implications of change
- The development of new recipes
- Team development and training programmes
- Production management
- The development of retail ideas and concepts
If you feel you’re at a cross roads, you need something to change, you’er seeking further development yet you’ve lost direction, now might be the time to open up a conversation with us.
HOW DO WE WORK TOGETHER?
It all starts with a private and confidential questionnaire, which most find a liberating, healing process in itself. Your information is then devoured and nurtured into an agenda all designed around you and your business.
My approach to mentoring is about building people, it’s all about giving you the guidance and ‘know how’ to function far more effectively. Alighting your passion for your business, or the creation of your business in the first place. Being in business is far from easy, it can often feel lonely and you can feel isolated from the realities of life, or others. If you feel something has to GIVE, and you need the input of another, I have developed many many in business, and understand that each of us is different and so are YOU.
Your desire for success is a credit to YOU, if your read on, you a clearly seeking a well oiled plan, nobody else plan YOUR plan. I am a no nonsense, jargon free kind of gal. You haven’t the time to smoke screens, and I haven’t the motivation to share any with YOU. My time has to be commitment to the core of the business and You. Not the generation of more spread sheets, and pie charts, that get neglected and concern you even more. What YOU will have though is a concise action plan, a achievable and inspiring lists of things to do, in the right order, a list that inspires you daily to leap out of bed and achieve!
IF what you want is answers, clarity, direction a plan! Our shared objective becomes the liberation of YOU.
Request a questionnaire today via firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a small flavour of what we may and might explore – REMEMBER no business is the same, this is about YOU, your agenda may look and BE very different!
- Your relationship with the business and all it produces
- You and your development
- How to become more purposeful
- The vision and expectations of the business
- The impact your reputation is having on growth
- Finding the right team
- Team development
- Why marketing matters
- How to create marketplace attention
- How to utilise photography in the business
- Your social media strategies that will why for YOU
- Business development plans
- Frustrations and challenges
- And much more…
Once you have decided to undertake consultancy, together we will secure your booking, ensuring the right amount of time is allocated – everybody is different.
The rest is where the magic happens – YOU grow, I nurture.
You will take a mountain of notes, as Catherine devotes time to your final guidance and further appointments
Consultancy fees are £180.00 for an 1.5 hour session.
If you want to know more email Catherine@artisansand.co
This is a totally hands-on experience giving you all the confidence you seek as a budding food photographer. The knowledge you gain will transform your food photography and styling ability. All you need for this programme is your iPhone or smart phone and a bucket full of passion for food and food photography – we will naturally provide the rest of the ingredients for your education!
We will provide the produce, aprons, knives etc for your workshop as this course is designed to be ‘hands on’ learning.
YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to select the right photogenic ingredients and produce
- How to create a visual food story that whets the appetite
- How to prepare and dress food for photographic shoots, knife skills, styling and arranging a scene
- How to handle produce and the importance of fresh, lasting appearances for photography
- How to work with colour and textures
- How to create a visual photogenic feast
- Get to know the nature of food and how it changes over time
This course is a chance to explore the way you use lighting and focus, and the way you compose an image. Whilst indulging your creative side on a variety of delicious still-life compositions (food fans will be in their element here!), you’ll hone your technical skills, developing techniques that will influence the way you work in other photographic areas. This course offers a total hands-on experience and you will be immersed not only in food photography but also food preparation!
This course will teach you …
- Learn how to prepare for a food photography shoot
- Work with different backgrounds
- Work with key textures and props
- Learn the power of natural light and different types of light available
- Learn the importance of depth of field
- Learn the power of composition